Subject: Re: [boost] [Master project] Switch from Trac to another Bug-tracking-system
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir.prus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-04 03:08:23

On 05/03/2015 09:29 PM, John Maddock wrote:

>> Most other open source projects demand a login to post any content at
>> all.
>>
>> Logins can come from OpenID, Google, Facebook, StackExchange or a
>> multitude of sources to save the user creating a new account.
>
> But not for TRAC :(
>
> Meanwhile.... I think I've solved the captcha issue (at least for IE). We'll have to see whether it results in a flood of spam or not, can't
> figure out the slow response times though.... and they are *very* bad at present.
>
> BTW, while Git issues look rather primitive, they appear to do pretty much everything that the current TRAC system does? How the heck you
> would migrate from one to the other is a whole other can of worms though....

Whether one need to migrate is a separate question. Boost.Build has GitHub issues enabled, with Trac issues remaining in Trac.
Admittedly, this means Trac issues stand a lower chance of been fixed, but then it feels that the rate of useful issue reports
and especially useful patches has increased quite a bit.

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded