Subject: Re: [boost] Interested in contributing
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-04 10:32:32

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 8:50 AM, suryansh tiwari <suryansh677_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Actually i am completely a noob , I have never contributed in open source
> so i don't know what its like to fix a bug or improve some library or
> submit a new library.
>
> So I don't know where my interest lies, but I want to contribute something
> to your organization and I am completely dedicated towards it.
>
> It will be a lot kind if you tell me from where to start , like learning
> something extra, to get an idea about what should I work on.

When you are a student in school a teacher tells you where to start and
what to study at each step along the way. But Boost or any other open
source project is part of the real world, where you have to find your own
way rather than follow some predetermined steps.

You might want to search around on the web site to find out how Boost
started and what the key ideas were, or you might want to follow Edward's
excellent advice and read about Submissions, Reporting and Fixing Bugs, and
all the other topics linked to from
http://www.boost.org/development/index.html, or you might want to read
through some developers mailing list threads on
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel to get an idea how the
mailing list serves as the central coordinating mechanism. But whatever you
do, you need to learn to follow your own interests!

--Beman