Subject: Re: [boost] [Master project] Switch from Trac to another Bug-tracking-system
From: Alain Miniussi (alain.miniussi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-04 12:08:17

On 04/05/2015 17:43, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote
>> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Michael Ainsworth <
>>
>> To clarify for people who do not know much about the tools mentionned:
>>
>> ... snip ..
>
> I found this information very helpful. FWIW I prefer simpler tools which
> mostly do one thing which can be composed with other simple tools.
> Basically, I prefer de-coupling in general. I don't see the alternatives
> offer anything really useful that we don't already have with TRAC. The
> problems with track seem to be related to implementation details.
> Hopefully a lot of this would go a way just by upgrading to the more
> recent version of TRAC

Maybe not the upgrade alone, the trivial installation (cgi behind
Apache) is a huge issue as far as performance are concerned (I have one...).
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracPerformance
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracStandalone
Sorry for the noise if it was already pointed out.

Regards

---
Alain