Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request: QVM (generic Quaternion, Vector and Matrix operations library)
From: Krzysztof Czainski (1czajnik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-05 09:51:44

> On May 4, 2015 3:06:31 PM EDT, Emil Dotchevski <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> > Boost QVM defines a set of generic functions and operator overloads
> > for
> > working with quaternions, vectors and matrices of static size. The
> > library
> > also defines vector and matrix data types, however it allows users to
> > introduce their own types by specializing the q_traits, v_traits and
> > m_traits templates.
> >
> > Online documentation and a link to download the source code under the
> > Boost
> > license is available at http://www.revergestudios.com/boost-qvm/.
>
> I took a quick look at the docs and I have to ask, "Why?" Why would I want
> to use your library? There is no motivation section and nothing to explain
> it's value. You just assume everyone knows about its purpose and value.
>
> I don't know anything about quarternions, for example. Does QVM relate to
> specific fields with which I'm not acquainted thereby making the library of
> no use to me? How are your vectors related to std::vector? How are your
> matrices related to those in uBLAS? Such are the questions you should
> address, don't you think?

I took a quick look as well. Besides the questions above, I wondered how to
access vector elements, but "Accessing vector elements and swizzling" [1]
doesn't help. It's an undocumented list of incomplete declarations.

[1]
http://www.revergestudios.com/boost-qvm/accessing_vector_elements_and_swizzling_reference.html