Subject: Re: [boost] A summary of testing with sanitizers
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-07 11:33:34

> 15 SUMMARY: MemorySanitizer: use-of-uninitialized-value
> /home/ben/development/boost/test/build/boost_root/status/../boost/multiprecision/gmp.hpp:331:10
> in
> boost::multiprecision::backends::detail::gmp_float_imp<50u>::~gmp_float_imp()

After banging my head against the wall that is memory-sanitizer for a
while, I finally figured out that the multiprecision failures are caused
by external libraries (gmp, mpfr etc) not being built with sanitizer
support. I've changed the configuration tests to trigger
memory-sanitizer errors when this is the case, so that these will no
longer be built in that case. However, you will need to manually delete
the Boost.Build configuration caches (or all of bin.v2) in order for the
fix to take effect, as these appear not to be subject to
dependency-checking :(

John.