Subject: Re: [boost] Some statistics about the C++ 11/14 mandatory Boost libraries
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-14 16:41:34

On 14 May 2015 at 19:53, Andrey Semashev wrote:

> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Niall Douglas
> <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > Boost 1.x is obsolete.
> >
> > It is obsolete because enough of Boost 1.x is now in the STL that you
> > no longer need to use Boost 1.x.
>
> It feels like either of us is living in a parallel universe, really.

I should have added "for those libraries now in the STL and which
have not seen significant evolution in Boost since".

However there may be a difference of understanding of words here. For
example, I drive a Ford Focus mk. 1 car made in year 2000. It is
obsolete and almost every technology used in it has been superseded
with something much better.

It doesn't mean my car isn't very useful to me. It still gets me from
A to B for a low cost and with reasonable efficiency. Just as with
Boost 1.x.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting