Subject: Re: [boost] Some statistics about the C++ 11/14 mandatory Boostlibraries
From: Michael Ainsworth (michael_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-15 17:40:59

> I would very much hate to see this name freely usable by anyone who want's to leverage on it for unknown and/or unendorsed purposes.

Agreed.

On a related topic, there are a number of libraries that haven't been accepted into Boost which have Boost in their name, (perhaps unintentionally) implying that they have been accepted. It'd be good if the Boost community made a ruling that future library submissions include in their name (and C++ namespaces) "Booster"/"Boostable"/some-other-variant, so as to indicate it's "not yet official" status. Once accepted, a simple find and replace would be required to reflect the status change.