Subject: Re: [boost] Deprecation Policy
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-18 18:33:55

On 18/05/15 01:13 AM, Brian Ravnsgaard Riis wrote:
> Den 16-05-2015 kl. 23:26 skrev Stefan Seefeld:
>> I think the entire question becomes moot if individual libraries start
>> following their own release schedule. Being maintained then means having
>> regular releases (and thus over time it becomes obvious whether a
>> library
>> is maintained or not).
>
> This might suggest that an old library gets removed from the boost
> release, even though it may be a small piece that Just Works. I
> believe that was one of Rob's bullets as well.
>
> Or did I misunderstand you?

Yes, because I'm not suggesting to remove anything. A library that
doesn't get updated simply stays at the last release. Of course, if we
move to a modular model where a "full boost" release would be superseded
by a small "boost core" release and many separate boost library
releases, we'd have to do one other release of the above, so it remains
visible.

My assumption really was that a library could remain useful even
without any update, and the release date will indicate when it was last
changed.

        Stefan