Subject: Re: [boost] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th - ongoing
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-29 13:00:23

Christophe Henry <christophe.j.henry <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> The review of the metaparse library started last Monday.
> Please consider taking the time to review it and post comments or reviews
> on this list.
>
> [...]

Abel,

I am currently going through Metaparse's tutorial, and here are some questions
and comments I have so far. I will be posting more questions by replying to
this message if some come up as I progress through the tutorial. I will
provide a proper review of the library when I'm done.

1. What is the `mpl_` namespace? Is it documented in the tutorial for Metaparse?
   If it is a shortcut for `boost::mpl`, why the trailing underscore?

2. I personally am not using Metashell for the tutorial because it does not
   properly support the '<' and '>' characters on OS X (I think that's a
   shellinabox bug). As a result, I find it slightly difficult to follow
   the code blocks in the tutorial because of the newline escapes (`\`)
   and numbered names (`exp_parser16`) required for the code to be pasteable
   in Metashell. I would personnally prefer a more classical approach with
   normal code blocks not expecting the user to follow along in Metashell,
   but I realize this is a matter of personal taste.

Regards,
Louis