Subject: Re: [boost] RFC: Separating Boost.Python from Boost
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-29 19:54:59

On 29/05/15 07:41 PM, Rob Stewart wrote:
> I take your plan to be to remake Boost according to your wishes,
> dragging the community along for the ride. That disturbs me. If I've
> read too much into your posts, please clarify what I've misunderstood.

Sorry for being so unclear. I have no plans to "remake Boost". I have a
plan to change the way Boost.Python is built and released (though even
that is more a proposal at this point than anything else). The reason I
have started this discussion (a "Request for Comment", in fact), is to
get a sense of how such a change would be received both by other
developers (Boost.Python as well as other Boost libraries), as well as
Boost users, and have a constructive discussion about what our
(collective) goals are and how to get there.

This is not a decision anyone can take alone. But those who do the
actual work should certainly have more weight than others. That's just
the way Open Source works.

        Stefan