Subject: Re: [boost] "Simple C++11 metaprogramming"
From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-30 18:11:49

On 05/30/2015 09:26 AM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> I've recently made the mistake to reread Eric Niebler's excellent "Tiny
> Metaprogramming Library" article
>
> http://ericniebler.com/2014/11/13/tiny-metaprogramming-library/
>
> which of course prompted me to try to experiment with my own tiny
> metaprogramming library and to see how I'd go about implementing
> tuple_cat (a challenge Eric gives.)
>
> Ordinarily, any such experiments of mine leave no trace once I abandon
> them and move on, but this time I decided to at least write an article
> about the result, so here it is, with the hope someone might find it
> useful. :-)
>
> http://pdimov.com/cpp2/simple_cxx11_metaprogramming.html

Excellent article Peter! It builds nicely from one concept to the next.

Within Spirit X3 we have been discussing lightweight metaprogramming in
the world of C++14. You have articulated very well what we are beginning
to discover - "I posit that such higher order metaprogramming is, in the
majority of cases, not necessary in C++11." This thought intrigues me
and I'm excited to see how far we can take it in libraries such as
Spirit X3 and boostache.

Thank you for taking the time to put the article together and share it
with the community.

Take care -
michael

--