Subject: Re: [boost] RFC: Separating Boost.Python from Boost
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-31 09:58:26

On 31. mai 2015 12:22, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> I've mentioned before that I would very much prefer if we didn't have
>> libraries within libraries in the libs structure.
>
> I've mentioned before that I agree, but will say so again.

Is it really a question of libraries within libraries in the boost
library sense where a library is maintained by individuals or a group of
individuals. Or are this just allowing structure within a library, where
subdirectories with its own standard structure may for instance be
optional parts of the library which when used add additional dependencies.

One real challenge with requiring such structures out in separate
libs/foo directories is that they then will have to live in separate git
repositories, the only way around that is to change the standard
structure some other way to allow single top level directory for each
git submodule or boost library each having multiple standard directory
structures.

--
Bjørn