Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-announce] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-01 04:52:38

Looks refined.
Not qualified to judge.

Refined and 'glossy', with good tutorial and interactive Metashell to help prototype your DSL, but
not in familiar Boost Quickbook format (though that is less useful for a meta-ish library than one
of simple functions, but it still provides a useful reference).

> - What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

Invaluable, and underused.

> - Did you try to use the library?

No. It was not obviously compatible with modular-boost without much work.

> - How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A quick reading

> - Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

No.

> Please always include in your review a vote as to whether the library should be accepted into
Boost.

I vote for acceptance.

BUT it needs to be changed quite a lot to fit into the modular-boost GIT structure before it is
'release-ready'.

It should be possible to clone into a Boost tree and run examples and tests without further ado.

(I am sympathetic to those who expect a fully modular-boost ready library for review, but I do not
believe that this is reasonable. Doing this is usually a lot of work and expecting it before full
acceptance is far too much to ask.

We might compromise by having a mini-re-review, but seeing a working set of Boost-style examples and
tests will give good confidence that the structure is right. The tutorial is fine as-is to include
in the docs, but Quickbook could be used to provide an additional reference section.)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse