Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-announce] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-02 17:51:55

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Abel Sinkovics wrote:
> Hi Glen,
>
> That is correct. I have not changed the original repository (apart from
> adding copy-paste friendly versions of the code snippets to the tutorial and
> fixing a broken URL) since the beginning of the review.

Abel - that's perfect, in my humble opinion. The whole exchange
demonstrates that you, as a library author, are not opposed to comply
with simple requests from the Boost community for convenience of
reviewing/using/testing your library /and/ your original submission is
well preserved enough for comparison.

There are library authors, like Abel, who are very responsive, and
willing to comply with any formality or request in the review process
- but when there is contention about some of these formalities, or if
some rules are not explicitly documented, it is unfair to punish the
library author for it.

I believe Abel's complied well with the spirit of the Boost review
process, and I like Christophe's response very much. Perhaps, Ron, the
formal review documentation on the Boost site can be updated for the
benefit of reviewers as much as library authors, to clarify some of
these issues.

Glen