Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-announce] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-02 18:06:52

On 6/2/2015 4:49 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>> I think it is going to be really bad, and confusing, to set a
>> precedent by which a library author in the midst of a review, changes
>> the library being reviewed for any reason.
>
> I understand where you're coming from, but (1) the changes (in directory
> structure, namespace and identifier naming) were done in response to
> reviewers' requests and not on a whim, and (2) it takes years for a
> library's review to be scheduled. We cannot afford to tell library
> authors "do please wait another three years because you made changes
> which were requested of you during the review."

Nobody is going to make a library wait for more than a month or two if
the library is deemed not presentable enough in its current form to be
reviewed. Its not like the review schedule is actually so filled with
exciting reviews that anybody has to wait. The reason for waits is
always that a review manager hasn't been found. And since a review
manager already exists for a library being reviewed it is hardly
conceivable that a re-review will not occur in the very near future.