Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-announce] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-03 02:10:53

On 6/3/2015 12:35 AM, Abel Sinkovics wrote:
> Hi Edward,
>
> On 2015-06-03 00:00, Edward Diener wrote:
>> On 6/2/2015 4:45 PM, Abel Sinkovics wrote:
>>
>> When I clicked the index.html for the original docs I got a link to
>> the tutorial and that's it. Now I see that has been changed and the
>> link has been removed.
>>
>> When I click the index.html for your updated docs I get a page with an
>> introduction and a whole bunch of links to:
>>
>> Getting started
>> Tutorial
>> User manual
>> Library reference
>> Versioning
>> Performance
>
> That is strange, as it has been the HTML pages generated from the
> markdown files for the last couple of years (since the library is out
> there).
>
> You might have looked at the index.html of the type-safe printf's doc

Why would I ever think of doing that, when the review is about Metaparse.

> or
> have gone directly to Metaparse's getting_started.html when you first
> looked at the docs, as these were the links in the review's announcement.

In the original presentation of your library I did find the original
Getting Started. I didn't see any other links from there to the rest of
the documentation.

With your modified presentation of the library the index.html takes me
to your main page with boost::metaparse on top and the rest of the
documentation s I specified above below it. That's a whole lot better IMO.

I apologize for getting so peevish about what others asked you to do and
which you did to improve your library under review. I still intend to
give an updated review of your library with my comments about the
documentation as I now understand it and of your library's
functionality. I assume as a reviewer I can modify my initial review and
my vote of acceptance of a library as long as the review period is still
underway.