Subject: Re: [boost] [build] Error building bjam on cygwin
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-03 16:24:42

On 6/3/2015 1:53 PM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> I'm trying to build bjam from Boost 1.56.0 under cygwin. Running
> ./build.bat mingw errs with:
>
> gcc -DNT -o bootstrap\jam0.exe command.c compile.c constants.c debug.c
> execcmd.c execnt.c filent.c frames.c function.c glob.c hash.c hdrmacro.c
> headers.c jam.c jambase.c jamgram.c lists.c make.c make1.c object.c
> option.c output.c parse.c pathnt.c pathsys.c regexp.c rules.c scan.c
> search.c subst.c timestamp.c variable.c modules.c strings.c filesys.c
> builtins.c md5.c class.c cwd.c w32_getreg.c native.c modules/set.c
> modules/path.c modules/regex.c modules/property-set.c modules/sequence.c
> modules/order.c
> filent.c:46:20: fatal error: direct.h: No such file or directory
> #include <direct.h>
> ^
> compilation terminated
>
> More errors follow. What am I doing wrong?

Wherever your gcc implementation is there is no direct.h in one of its
automatically included paths.

My guess is that your cygwin/mingw setup is not done correctly so that
whatever bjam is picking up as the gcc implementation along the PATH is
not what you want.

I get this sort of error if I am running a version of mingw/mingw64/gcc
and I haven't changed to the correct mingw setup via a symbolic link to
various mingw/mingw64 installations I have.