Subject: Re: [boost] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th - ongoing
From: Abel Sinkovics (abel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-05 01:27:22

Hi Louis,

Thank you for the review.

On 2015-06-05 05:07, Louis Dionne wrote:
> Louis Dionne <ldionne.2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> - What is your evaluation of the design?
> That being said, I would be really really curious to try and implement
> something similar with value-level syntax, similarly to the way Hana does
> compile-time computations with a value-level syntax. I think we might be
> able to achieve something with the same syntax as Spirit but for building
> compile-time parsers too. However, this is just my own curiosity speaking
> and it does not take anything away from Metaparse.
I agree that it would be an interesting experiment to see how far we can
get with that approach (and/or if the current Metaparse can be extended
with such techniques).

>> - What is your evaluation of the implementation?
> I have not looked at the implementation in depth, but I think the author
> pretty much pushed C++03 to its limits. The only comment I would have would
> be to provide a modernized version of the MPLLIBS_STRING macro when the
> compiler supports it, because that is a huge bottleneck for using the library.
That will be done (probably with relying on Boost.Config heavily to find
the best suitable implementation).

>> - Did you try to use the library?
>> - With what compiler?
>> - Did you have any problems?
> Yes. I cloned the mpllibs/ repository and was able to build it using the
> CMake-based build system. I built/ran all the unit tests and the examples
> with the following compilers:
> Clang 3.4.2, 3.5.2, 3.6.1, trunk
> GCC 5.1, trunk
Nice test environment :)