Subject: Re: [boost] [Advice] Documenting the "refined by" relation for concepts
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-15 01:05:42

On 6/14/15 8:31 PM, Gavin Lambert wrote:
> Well, I'm not a seasoned generic library writer, but in my view as a
> user of such libraries it is always very useful to be able to navigate
> from a base class/interface to its derived classes in the documentation,
> and the same would apply to concepts. (Not just derived/refined
> concepts, but also if there are classes provided in the library that
> actually implement these concepts.)

Any derived concepts that the library includes will have their own pages
which will refer to the base concept so it's not like anything will be
lost but not including a pointer from the base to the derived. In fact,
this might well be confusing as it might obscure the essential
dependency relationship. This is especially true as the library
undergoes maintenance. I would recommend doing it the standard way as
illustrated by the SGI documentation.

And most library actually only have a few new concepts anyway. I haven't
seen any other than STL which define more than a small # of concepts (5?).

Robert Ramey