Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request: QVM (generic Quaternion, Vector and Matrix operations library)
From: Michael Marcin (mike.marcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-26 22:33:04

On 6/26/2015 1:30 AM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:

>> Maybe its use as an interop library to stitch disparate libraries together
>> is enough value to include it in boost. But in that case I think maybe a
>> smaller addition to the Boost.Geometry library is more appropriate.
>

> I do not think that there is any commonality between Geometry and QVM.
> Sure, QVM operations can be used with Geometry types but they can also be
> used with the types of any other library.

What I mean is Boost.Geometry already has adapters for point types among
other things.
You are providing adapters for matrix vector and quaternion types.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_58_0/libs/geometry/doc/html/geometry/examples/example__adapting_a_legacy_geometry_object_model.html

It seems like this aligns extremely closely with the adaption part of
your library.