Subject: Re: [boost] merging from develop to master
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-28 16:49:02

On 28 Jun 2015 at 15:42, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> I wonder what the best strategy is to fix this, even incrementally...

Personally speaking, I'd install a copy of Jenkins and get it running
a fully battery of unit tests for all your targets, so Python 2.x and
Python 3.x on clang, GCC and MSVC.

I'd then write a script which pulls individual commits from master
into develop (or the other way round), testing each in turn, stopping
when a merge fails and emailing you.

You then keep at it laboriously until it's merged. With a bit of
luck, most of the commits in master are also in develop, and it's
just that git doesn't realise.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting