Subject: Re: [boost] [1.59] Boost 1.59 schedule?
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-08 17:36:58

On 7/8/2015 10:44 AM, Marshall Clow wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 7:00 AM, Joaquin M LópezMuñoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The official release schedule at
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/development/index.html
>>
>> seems to indicate we're now really close to the first beta of Boost 1.59,
>> yet I don't see much activity in the mailing list and, for instance,
>> the release notes are almost empty now:
>>

>> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_59_0.qbk
>>
>> Is this schedule still valid? Thank you,
>>

> As far as I know. I'm planning on building a beta RC on Friday.

This has really taken me by surprise. Was I supposed to know that 1.59
was going to be released shortly without so much as a single
announcement on this mailing list ? In other words is it up to Boost
developers to know when the timelines for each release would take place ?

I never even got VMD to be regression tested on 'master' yet and I
wanted to add it to the 1.59 release. Furthermore a number of 'develop'
fixs in preprocessor and other libraries for which I have write access
had never been merged to 'master' yet for testing. I guess none of these
things will make it to Boost 1.59. I do apologize that I was not aware I
should have been getting these fixes merged into 'master' and tested for
the next release. None of the fixes are 'critical' but I definitely
wanted to get some of them into 1.59.