Subject: Re: [boost] [predef] The predef-check functionality is not working on the Android regression tests
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-13 08:44:34

On 7/13/2015 6:35 AM, Dmitry Moskalchuk wrote:
> On 13/07/15 06:00, Edward Diener wrote:
>> In all other environments predef-check is working. Maybe this failure
>> of predef-check somehow occurs because the Android tests are a
>> cross-compile, being done on a Unix system but targeting the Android.
>> But for whatever reason the inability of getting predef-check to work
>> keeps my VMD tests from adding the '-std=c++0x' option and the VMD
>> tests all fail without that option since the variadic macro support in
>> VMD for gcc needs C++11 support or better.
>
> Edward,
>
> As Rene said earlier, this is bug related to cross-compiling nature of
> Android targets.
>
> As a temporary workaround for this, I can modify our testing scripts to
> enforce passing "-std=c++0x" when building VMD tests. This is not good
> solution and clearly should not stay there for long time, but I can do
> it if for some reason you can't wait when it will be fixed in proper
> way. Just let me know.

I tried Rene's suggestion of adding:

<target-os>android:<cxxflags>-std=c++0x

to the project requirements. I have pushed that to 'develop' so the next
time you run your tests you will pick it up. If that does not work for
passing '-std=c++0x' then I will ask you to add it manually, but let's
wait to see if that solves the problem temporarily until Rene gets back
and can look at the problem in predef.