Subject: [boost] [afio] AFIO review postponed till Monday
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-16 06:36:36

Just a quick heads up that the AFIO review is postponed till Monday
to give me more time to refactor the docs to match the final API.

Some quick notes on what will be presented for review, so there are
no surprises:

1. I won't have the time to rewrite the code examples into C++ 1z
coroutines before the review unfortunately, so you'll get a warning
sign in the docs saying that is coming. The code example this matters
most to is the find regex in files example as the code is very messy
(full of callback handlers) without coroutines.

2. The API presented is expected to be a final API, but the
implementation will be a messy conglomeration of the existing mature
dispatch engine with the new lightweight future-promises. In other
words, code will compile and run, but the internal engine is going to
be completely replaced eventually as I debug lightweight
future-promises. As lightweight future-promises is all brand new code
mostly written between 12am and 4am each night since May after a work
day, I don't hugely trust it enough to present you guys with an
engine based on it. Just because it passes a conformance suite
doesn't mean it is without quirks - plus, I discovered some surprises
in the Concurrency TS about which I'll need to get some
clarifications.

As I mentioned though, the user facing API will be final, as
promised. And it does use monads and lightweight future-promise.

3. Minimum compilers will unfortunately be GCC 4.8, clang 3.2 and
VS2015. Sorry about that, lightweight monadic future-promises
substantially bumped the compiler requirements, even as it is I have
several GCC 4.8 specific workarounds.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting