Subject: Re: [boost] [boost.test] Assertion/crash
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-22 21:47:52

Philip Bennefall <philip <at> blastbay.com> writes:

> I am having an issue where boost.test is triggering an assert when I
> make a BOOST_REQUIRE_EQUAL check. It always gives me the same assert.
>
> I am on Windows 7 with Visual C++ 2013, compiling a 32 bit application.
> This error happens both with boost_1_57_0 and boost_1_58_0.
>
> The assert says:
>
> Debug Assertion Failed!
>
> Program: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCP120D.dll
> File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0\VC\INCLUDE\xstring
> Line: 168
>
> Expression: string iterator + offset out of range

This is not a Boost.Test message. This is the Visual Studio debug runtime
message.

If you believe this is caused by Boost.Test implementation issue, please
provide small reproducer.

I also urge you to try to build your test module with 1.59 RC and let me
know if this resolves the issue.

Gennadiy