Subject: Re: [boost] [http] Formal review of Boost.Http
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-12 11:27:09

On 12 Aug 2015 at 9:49, Agustín K-ballo Bergé wrote:

> > The very first sentence makes it very clear it is not a Boost blessed
> > document.
>
> I'm happy with the newly added note claiming that those are your
> opinions and yours only. That way others won't feel the need to clarify
> that's not a Boost thing every single time you mention it. I'd really
> appreciate if you'd do something of the sort yourself in your upcoming
> emails.

Firstly I didn't write that note. Which proves it's a wiki document
editable by anyone.

Secondly I'm not going to write a disclaimer every single time I
refer to that handbook as it's a shared document editable by anyone.
It's there precisely to save wasted time writing the same email over
and over again. It's there to help library authors get a head start
on getting their library Boost-ready. Why would you disclaim with a
warning every time you link to the Boost wiki?

> > [snip]
>
> I did not read the rest of the message, I'm sorry if you spent any of
> your family time on it. I'm sure you'll understand though, as I too have
> family.

You might want to consider your tone. That was a real passive
aggressive dick thing to say. I invest considerable unpaid effort
into writing email, and it's a difficult choice when I would prefer
to kick a ball with my child instead. You don't have to read what I
write, but trivialising the fact I wasted my family time to reply to
your mean spirited whining isn't on.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting