Subject: Re: [boost] [http] Formal review of Boost.Http
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-15 06:16:52

> Some more that seem important, but I'm not sure:
> * Cookies - this seems like a pretty basic server functionality. Is this a
> hard thing to add?

Cookies by themself are not so useful. You usually will want a session
abstraction. A good session abstraction is tricky to get. Dynamic languages
have the freedom to replace/inject anything they want, so they almost
always get the features. If you aren't careful, you'll end up with two
APIs, one for server-side data sessions and client-side data sessions. And
there other points to study (different session backends like DB-baked,
memory-baked...).

* Forms/File Uploads - Does this imply that it doesn't support POST? I feel
> like the initial implementation should at least support GET & POST.

POST is supported, but if you handle the message format used by web
browsers, you'll have to parse the body yourself. A parser for forms and
file uploads should be added to ease our lives.

[...] supporting TLS (is this a feature?
> If not this would be a show-stopper) [...]

Yes, TLS is supported.

I even tried to advertise on the front page:
https://boostgsoc14.github.io/boost.http/

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://about.me/vinipsmaker