Subject: Re: [boost] [asio-users] [http] Formal review of Boost.Http
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-15 12:19:04

> In fact, if you can achieve a more appropriate name choice, I'll
> change my vote from rejection to a conditional acceptance as you've
> done a great job in persuading me from where I was. You've impressed
> with me your awareness of the tradeoffs involved in a moving API
> environment, and though I severely personally disagree with your
> choice of Boost.ASIO over ASIO, I can also see that targeting a more
> stable API in the form of Boost.ASIO for now makes sense.
>
> How does that sound?

It sounds encouraging. I'm not that resistant to a change of name, but it
depends on the new name. I think I'd regret if I accept a name like
lowlevelhttp (or one that resembles the same idea) and the library gets
stuck with this image forever, even when I implement the high level APIs.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://about.me/vinipsmaker