Subject: Re: [boost] cache size runtime detection
From: James Sharpe (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-17 13:43:57

On 17 August 2015 at 18:08, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 17.08.2015 19:56, Joel FALCOU wrote:
>
>> It should definitely be a dedicated library. What I was thinking of

>> Doesn't Bosot.Thread has that already ?
>>

> If you mean thread::hardware_concurrency() then it doesn't allow to
> differentiate HT threads from the real cores. Plus, as suggested, support
> for NUMA topology would be good as well.

hwloc is a library that already provides this information:
http://www.open-mpi.org/projects/hwloc/, and goes further to provide
locations of PCIe devices, and facilities to bind memory allocations to
specific NUMA domains.
There is then the netloc library built on top of this (
http://www.open-mpi.org/projects/netloc/) which provides topology
information at the network level using infiniband and openflow as data
sources.