Subject: Re: [boost] [afio] AFIO review postponed till Monday
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-23 03:37:56

On 2015-08-22 21:51, Niall Douglas wrote:
> On 22 Aug 2015 at 15:14, Glen Fernandes wrote:
>
>> Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>>> FWIW, what Monday are we talking about?
>> Monday on July-20. But the [new] review start date was Friday August-21.
> I delivered a review ready AFIO on Friday. Ahmed is currently busy,
> and I am sure once he becomes unbusy he will announce the review in
> the usual way.
Out of curiosity:

What's the big rush? Just a month ago, the library was in sucha state,
that you canceled the review. Now you just "finished" a ready-for-review
library on the day the review was supposed to start? And the review is
supposed to have started even though the review manager was so busy that
he could not even send a single mail.

Personally, I would wait for at least two more months for the dust to
settle, asking a few people whose opinion I value, what they think of
the new version. And if they give me a green light, then, and only then,
I would ask the review manager to start a new review (which might take a
few more months to start depending on the review manager's schedule).

You also mentioned:
> A later *internal* implementation will
> be completely new, but that isn't important to this review because
> little external changes.
To me this is another indicator that maybe it is a bit early.

One of the aspects of the review is to look at the implementation.

Sounds like we can drop that item for this review, since it won't last
too long anyway?

Don't get me wrong, maybe you are just the victim of your own honesty
and full disclosure policy (admirable traits, btw). But judging by the
mails you wrote in the last few days, if it were my library, I would
kindly ask to treat this more like a pre-review of the new design. The
full review would then be done once the implementation is as you want it.

Just my 2ct.

Best,

Roland