Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] [afio] Formal review of Boost.AFIO
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-23 12:59:08

On 23 Aug 2015 at 18:42, gentryx_at_[hidden] wrote:

> >Niall, Ahmed, it will be very difficult to review this library as it
> >has
> >dependencies on libraries that are not adopted by Boost. The
> >documentation is full of references to both libraries APBind and Monad.
> >
> >If they are internals, no mention should be done on the documentation.
>
> AFAIK Monad is visible to the user as AFIO functions return them.

Correct. I summarise everything you need to know about monad<T> on
the first page of the tutorial
https://boostgsoc13.github.io/boost.afio/doc/html/afio/quickstart/work
shop/naive.html.

They can be treated as if an always-ready shared_future<T>.

Looking over the references in the docs to APIBind, I agree I
over-mention APIBind, and I have logged
https://github.com/BoostGSoC13/boost.afio/issues/87 which is to
remove all mentions of APIBind in the docs.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/