Subject: Re: [boost] AFIO review response
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-29 10:48:35

On 29 Aug 2015 at 10:02, Glen Fernandes wrote:

> As someone who has been following the AFIO review, I have to say, this
> is the one instance where I was surprised by your attitude. I expected
> you to reply to Harmut's e-mails, and not ignore them. You've no doubt
> had to defend at least one thesis in your lifetime before a committee.

Indeed.

> Even if you think a member of that committee is unjustly attacking
> points in your work, you hold your head up high, respond, and let it
> not get personal.

I believe I have done well on this, and with some difficulty given
the never ending uncertainty and doubt spread by him throughout this
review.

> By not doing that and by your assertions in your mail above it appears
> to everyone that you're the one who has chosen to make things
> personal...

I wrote the original form of that response last night and decided to
sleep on it.

I rewrote it this morning into as factual as form as I could make it.
Do feel free to review every post he has made regarding this review,
and decide for yourself if my analysis of his behaviour is accurate.
That is all I asked for.

For the record, I requested that the moderators intervene regarding
his behaviour early on in this review as I felt no good was going to
come of it. They declined to do so. We are now where I feared we
would end up unfortunately, but what other choice was I left? I don't
like bullies, and I am going to call them on their behaviour if
nobody else will.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting