Subject: Re: [boost] End of AFIO review thoughts (was: Re: [Boost.AFIO] Formal Review)
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-01 23:56:30

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015, Niall Douglas wrote:
> Regarding AFIO, as you all now realise it is not the library you
> thought it would be, but my big hope was and is that this perhaps too
> early review has given you all a chance to ponder what a next
> generation standardised C++ file system and file i/o library ought to
> be, and that might bear fruit in any later review of AFIO in months
> or years to come.

[snip]

> Private email will
> continue to work of course, and I'll be tipping away at no more than
> eight hours per week on Boost.Outcome and the AFIO engine rewrite
> until they're done.

Hi Niall,

I noticed that you referred to AFIO without the Boost suffix now
(unlike "Boost.Outcome"). Does this mean that while you will continue
working on AFIO you don't plan to resubmit it for review?

(I wasn't sure whether the uncertainty in the phrase "that might bear
fruit in any later review of AFIO in months or years to come" was
meant to imply that).

Glen