Subject: Re: [boost] Critical. Help required. Boost.DLL Jamfile breaks testing with multiple toolsets
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-04 17:14:57

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Antony Polukhin <antoshkka_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > They aren't linked. They are passed in as extra args. Re:
> >
> > rule run ( sources + : args * : input-files * : requirements * :
> > target-name ? :
> > default-build * )
> >
> > It's the "input-files" argument.
> >

> Thanks, this works. But unfortunately this method requires tests and
> examples to be rewritten. Also, is there a way to receive library name
> without a version ("libtest_library.so" instead of
> "libtest_library.so.1.59.0")?

Why? I ask because that's the file that it generates. So the question
really is.. Why do you want to change the generated DLL?

Solution with TEST_DIR seems friendlier to me. Could it be fixed somehow?

Not really.. Think about it how would we generate an appropriate directory
to copy the DLLs into? And how would that differ from the build paths we
already generate to build into? And if it doesn't differ, what's the point
of another location?

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything