Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Fiber mini-review September 4-13
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-04 22:10:30

> What additional indirections would deriving from a base class introduce?

depends on the inheritance type

- private inheritance from helper == 'implemented-n-terms-of': functions of
helper are not part of the public interface (future/promise has to invoke
helper functions internally)

- public inheritance from helper == 'is-a': functions of helper are part of
the public interface, but I don't like to track a future as the same as a
promise (or packaged_task)
  => void foo( helper &) could be called for future and promise

so I believe using template specializationonly is reasonable