Subject: Re: [boost] Compiling with Clang 3.7.0 from windows
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-08 09:27:04

On 9/8/2015 9:02 AM, Tom Kent wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>

>> I can not document on Github Wiki, trac, and on this mailing list what
>> needs to be done. I will gladly discuss what I know here.
>>

> What does your bjam user-config.jam file look like for this?

I have separate user-config.jam files for each toolset, one of which
gets symbolically linked to user-config.jam depending on which toolset I
am using. This is necessary because Boost build wants to invoke every
toolset in user-config.jam even when a b2 command line specifies only a
single toolset to use. I already complained about this on the Boost
build mailing list but evidently the change in Boost build will not happen.

> What do you have in your batch file for setup?

The batch file sets the PATH and the user-config.jam for whichever
toolset is being invoked. Then b2 is invoked with a particular toolset.

This setup is the only way I can work with multiple versions of
mingw(-64)/gcc and multiple versions of clang.