Subject: Re: [boost] BOOST_PP array extension proposal
From: Antoine Leblanc (crucuny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-11 06:24:57

On 11 September 2015 at 09:46, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 9/10/2015 5:38 PM, Antoine Leblanc wrote:
>> I could maybe include both, and keep the tuple version behind a #ifdef
>> BOOST_PP_VARIADIC?
>
> That's fine. It's BOOST_PP_VARIADICS BTW.

Okay, it is done, I ported the array code to tuples.

(I had to keep array at some point, though: my SORT works by inserting
elements one by one in an buffer, which is therefore an empty
container at the start of the loop. Since I can't start the loop with
an empty tuple, BOOST_PP_TUPLE_SORT has to use an array buffer and
convert it back to a tuple afterwards. I thought about using a
non-empty tuple containing 0 as the buffer and dropping the first
element afterwards, but this wouldn't work with SORT_U...)

Newbie questions time, sorry: I can't seem to find information on how
to submit my patch? Also, I'm not sure I understand how BOOST_PP is
tested: I'm currently using a small script that tries the macros with
both g++ and clang++, but I'm not sure how to integrate it to the
existing test suites.

Thanks again for your time!

--
Antoine