Subject: Re: [boost] BOOST_PP array extension proposal
From: Antoine Leblanc (crucuny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-11 16:21:17

On 11 September 2015 at 13:57, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> It uses a Jamfile.v2 in the test sub-directory and tests in *.cxx files in
> the test sub-directory. For arrays look at array.cxx and for tuples look at
> tuple.cxx. Ideally every Boost PP macro should have its won .cxx file but I
> never got around to implementing that.

A question about that. With the way those tests are made, one can only
compare numerical values at compile time, which means all array tests
are either a call to ARRAY_ELEM, ARRAY_SIZE or ARRAY_IS_EMPTY. I'd
like to find a way to write tests that compare entire arrays / tuples.
A naive way to do that would be to STRINGIZE the arrays and compare
the resulting strings at runtime.

However, it seems to me that doing runtime checks would be a big
change to the way BOOST_PP is currently tested, and I'd like your
opinion on that subject before doing anything.

--
Antoine