Subject: Re: [boost] BOOST_PP array extension proposal
From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-11 19:22:37

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> VMD is the place for this functionality since Boost PP does not have to
> support variadic macros to still work, and testing for emptiness without
> using variadic macros is too flawed to use IMO.

Agreed.

I assume the answer is "yes," but are there compilers still in use that we
need to worry about and that don't support variadic macros? It's my
understanding that most (all?) of the widely-used compilers had
preprocessors that supported variadic macros even before C++ technically
had them in the language (probably thanks to C99), or are some
implementations broken in a way that it makes sense to simply declare that
they don't support variadics? Are there any plans to eventually just remove
the check and assume variadic support?

--
-Matt Calabrese