Subject: Re: [boost] Copyright-less licence references
From: Jonathan Wakely (jwakely.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-15 10:06:40

On 15 September 2015 at 09:32, Filip Konvička wrote:
> I think removing the copyright notice would not deprive anyone of their
> rights, and probably is an allowed modification under the Boost Software
> License (whereas removing the BSL notice is not).

I disagree, the BSL specifically mentions the copyright notices must be present:

"The copyright notices in the Software and this entire statement, including
the above license grant, this restriction and the following disclaimer,
must be included in all copies of the Software, in whole or in part, and
all derivative works of the Software, unless such copies or derivative
works are solely in the form of machine-executable object code generated by
a source language processor."

It doesn't say they must be in the source code itself, but if you
separated them how could you ensure the notices appear in derivative
works, such as a subset of Boost headers copied into someone else's
project?