Subject: Re: [boost] Copyright-less licence references
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-15 16:13:03

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> Unless this changes, I am inclined to change disclaimer everywhere to
> "Copyright 2001 Boost.Test authors" and be done with that.

You can in principle ADD

    Copyright 2015 Boost.Test contributors

to each file and then update it to reflect the current year, so it becomes

    Copyright 2015-2017 Boost.Test contributors

in 2017, but you can't remove the existing lines.

Some projects do use copyright assignments of the above form.

In practice maintaining the copyright assignments is not that hard (compared
to maintaining the code). That's because copyright is only claimed for
changes meeting a certain threshold of originality.