Subject: Re: [boost] Windows Phone and Visual Studio 2015
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir.prus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-17 04:33:20

On 16-Sep-15 5:57 PM, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> did anybody had success building Boost for Windows Phone using Visual Studio 2015 (aka 14.0)? We have
> Boost.Build code to do so, but it tries to find vcvarsphoneall.bat script, and some other similarly
> named scripts, that I don't seem to have anywhere, despite been able to build WP app from the IDE.

Okay, so the current summary is that:

- I have C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\vcvarsphoneall.bat
- It attempts to invoke
   "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\bin\x86_arm\vcvarsphonex86_arm.bat" and
   naturally fails, due to double "bin\bin".
- If I correct the above, by replacing %~dp0bin with %~dp0 in the script, vcvarsphonex86_arm.bat tries
   to run VCVarsPhoneQueryRegistry.bat, but instead of using VS140COMNTOOLS it again uses %~dp0bin,
   arrives at the wrong path, and fails.
- If I fix that, the script:
   - Sets LIB directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Phone Kits\8.0\lib\ARM - even though I have 8.1 too.
   - Fails to set PATH directory to anything containing a compiler.

I am therefore declaring that either I have some installation problem, or VS 2015 broke command-line builds,
and in either case somebody more competent should take a look before we can support building Boost for
Windows Phone.

- Volodya