Subject: Re: [boost] Boost perf tests?
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-17 13:33:43

> Does Boost have any runtime perf tests? We (MSVC) are looking for something that uses modern C++, which would reveal areas where our optimizer and libraries could be improved.

I've just recently reworked the Math lib performance tests - all
floating point stuff of course so may or may not be what you're looking
for ;)

See the libs/math/reporting/performance directory in develop, can
produce reports such as:
https://rawgit.com/boostorg/math/develop/reporting/performance/html/index.html,
you may wish to investigate ::tgamma by the looks of things (see
https://rawgit.com/boostorg/math/develop/reporting/performance/html/index.html#special_function_and_distributio.section_Library_Comparison_with_Microsoft_Visual_C_version_14_0_on_Windows_x64),
on the other hand, congratulations on yn ;)

There are also performance tests for multiprecision under
libs/multiprecision/performance. No nice tables this time :( However,
the library does use noexcept and constexpr quite a bit. Whether the
differences those make are detectable compared to the algorithmic
overheads is debatable.

HTH, John.