Subject: Re: [boost] Compiler warnings after boost update
From: Pete Bartlett (pete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-22 18:19:30

Jens wrote:
>I am wondering why this came up after the update. Is it a configuration
problem during the build >of the boost libraries, or is it an issue in the
boost libraries? I find it hard to believe that >the code quality changed so
much between the versions.

I'm sure it's a configuration change on your side. All Boost versions I've
compiled emit at least some warnings when compiling at pedantic/wall/wextra
levels.

>What is the policy of the boost project concerning compiler warnings in
installation headers? I >would assume that the libraries should compile
without warnings on supported compilers, either >because there are no
issues, or because warnings are disabled in the boost headers.

Locally we've taken the view to treat Boost as system headers ( -Isystem
rather than -I ) and close our eyes to the warnings to enable us to compile
our code at our chosen warning settings.