Subject: [boost] CLion plug-in for Boost.Build (was: Trying out CLion.. Free license..)
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-28 15:28:01

On 28 September 2015 at 21:19, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 9/28/15 11:45 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>>> As some of you are aware JetBrains recently release a new IDE that has
>>> some
>>> rather cool features (re: <https://www.jetbrains.com/clion/>) for C++
>>> programmers. I am personally interested in using CLion for Boost work. In
>>> particular I'm hoping to write a CLion plug-in that integrates Boost Build
>>> into the IDE. And hence I've have taken it upon myself to arrange for
>>> Boost
>>> developers to get licenses for library authors to use, if they so wish.
>>>

>> Hmm - wouldn't it be easier just to use CMake. You wouldn't have to write
>> any plugin. The serialization library includes CMake files for that
>> library's build and test and it works quite well.
>>

> IMO no.. But I know that opinions differ ;-)

Some time ago, I developed basic Boost.Build plugin for Qt Creator
https://github.com/mloskot/qt-creator-plugin-boostbuild/
which interacts with the b2.exe command line.

At that time, I also briefely discussed some API ideas with Volodya.
Later, Volodya implemented the Boost.Build API and server mode
http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2015/03/27906.php

May I ask, which option are you going to choose for your plugin?
Is it going to be the command line approach, the new BB API or anything else?

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net