Subject: Re: [boost] boost.test regression or behavior change (was Re: Boost.lockfree)
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-04 08:49:12

Le 04/10/15 13:38, John Maddock a écrit :

> On 04/10/2015 12:09, Bjorn Reese wrote:
>
> As many others have said, Boost.Test is "special" in that the majority
> of Boost's tests depend on it. Even breakages in develop are extremely
> painful in that they effectively halt progress for any Boost library
> which uses Test for testing.

Also special in the sense that boost.test cannot take full benefit from
the current test dashboard setup: we have to test all libraries before
being able to push to develop, which means hours and hours of testing
and infrastructure deployment/maintenance for a single push to a branch
that is supposed to help us develop boost.test. To be frank, I do not
think that this requirement on boost.test makes sense.

> As for testing in C++03 mode - that's easy, just use GCC's default
> compiler mode ;-)

I have also a similar setup on OSX, but this does not prevent us from
making mistakes, and capturing those mistakes before it goes to master
is the very purpose of the develop branch.

Raffi