Subject: Re: [boost] git reset and force push
From: Sam Kellett (samkellett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-07 11:45:10

On 7 October 2015 at 16:35, Raffi Enficiaud <raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> Le 07/10/15 16:44, Sam Kellett a écrit :
>

>> out of interest, what's wrong with just reverting the offending commits?
>>

> There is a pile of them, coupled with commits I want to keep. revert does
> just not work, I have to rewind to that commit.

sorry i'm not sure follow... what's wrong with not just reverting each
commit that was bad (how many are there that doing a force reset sounds
more appealing?). what do you mean coupled, also? as in there's bit in your
commits that want to keep but revert the majority of it? 'git rebase -i'
will allow you to edit individual commits where you can pull out the stuff
you want to keep and revert the reset of it.

nuking the history seems like such a last resort i'm struggling to see how
it could be beneficial over spending a bit more time sorting out the tree..