Subject: [boost] Interest in a Boost.Chrono/Date library
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-25 12:51:29

Hi,

maybe some of you have already see the Howard Hinnant presentation at
CppCOn2015 [1] about his new data-v2 library [2]. My prototype of
Boost.Chrono/Date library ([3] ] was based on the Howard original
library, but when we want to reach the maximum of performances we need
to use a specific date class for each usage. This is what Howard
explains in his marvelous presentation ans his tiny date library

My post here wants to know if there is interest in a library providing
what H.H. date library provides in Boost.
Note that his data-v2 library yet doesn't provides as much as Boost.Date
provides but IMHO it is much elegant and efficient. If there is enough
interest, I will request you to do a first review of the H.H. Date-V2
library.
Then once we have a consensus I will make my POC Chrono/Date library
ready for review.

H.H. Date-V2 is under MIT license, which IIRC is compatible with the
Boost license. I don't know yet if would need to add this license, as my
POC [3] is already a good starting point, nevertheless, I would like to
know if there could be any issues about having the source under both
licenses.

Best,
Vicente

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzyGjOm8AKo