Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in a Boost.Chrono/Date library
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-02 17:46:47

On 02/11/2015 1:06, Howard Hinnant wrote:
> I did not intend for there to be a “binary clause" for this date/time
> library. My intent was to make this library have as small a legal
> footprint as possible.

Thanks for the details Howard. According to

http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#License

it seems to me that MIT License should be acceptable in Boost (except
maybe for the last requirement below):

<quote>
License requirements

The preferred way to meet the license requirements is to use the Boost
Software License. See license information. If for any reason you do not
intend to use the Boost Software License, please discuss the issues on
the Boost developers mailing list first.

The license requirements:

- Must be simple to read and understand.
- Must grant permission without fee to copy, use and modify the software
for any use (commercial and non-commercial).
- Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software
source code.
- Must not require that the license appear with executables or other
binary uses of the library.
- Must not require that the source code be available for execution or
other binary uses of the library.
- May restrict the use of the name and description of the library to the
standard version found on the Boost web site.
</quote>

> My intent is that people can take this library and do whatever they
> want with it, including putting it into boost and modifying it in the
> process. Including selling it, getting rich, and never paying me a
> dime.

Let's hope Boost can give you at least some useful feedback to improve
the library ;-)

Ion