Subject: Re: [boost] interest in an asynchronous linear algebra library?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-22 13:30:35

On 11/22/15 6:06 AM, Oswin Krause wrote:
> On 2015-11-21 06:12, Sebastian Schaetz wrote:

> Of course I do know Eigen, Armadillo and NT2 ... but I can not
> rely on HPX because It would then be a mandatory external library -
>
> The question for me is: is there enough interest in such a thing that it
> is worthwhile for me to create a minimal prototype on which a discussion
> could be based on?

Hmmm - if you made a boost library which implemented what you desire,
wouldn't that become an "external library" which you could not then use?

Is the whole motivation of this proposal to work around some internal
prohibition of "external code" imposed for some non-technical reasons
like legal department BS or grant requirements or ???

I'm not getting the motivation here.

Robert Ramey